Jul 16, 2018

Certificate program

1 comment

My daughter has ADHD and a learning disability. She is in the 10th grade, and has not been doing well in school. They are talking about moving her from the graduation track to a certificate program. I have not agreed yet. What should I be concerned about?

Allan Roth
Jul 18, 2018

If/when your child earns a diploma, she will lose all access to the public school services. If your child has not been doing well, you may want to make the shift to a 'certificate' plan. This is not a one way street; she can be move back to a diploma track/plan if she can get the credits completed. The Certificate track will allow her to continue with the public schools until age 22; which may allow her to take the needed classes more slowly, and still earn at least a state base/basic diploma.

New Posts
Stay Connected!
Join Now!


Follow us!
  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon
© Copyright 2014 My Special Needs Connection, L.L.C